Omicron fear: Centre to review decision on restarting commercial international flights
In view of new COVID-19 Variant of Concern ‘Omicron’, the Central Government on Sunday (November 28) said that it would review a decision on resuming commercial international passenger flights after reviewing the “evolving global scenario”. The statement comes after several countries imposed travel restrictions on some southern African countries due to the new coronavirus variant, Omicron.
The Union Home Secretary called an emergency meeting on Sunday to discuss growing concerns about the new coronavirus variant of concern, Omicron.
The meeting was attended by Dr VK Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, Dr Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to Prime Minister, and senior officers from Health, Civil Aviation and other ministries.
The overall global situation in the aftermath of Omicron was thoroughly reviewed at the meeting. Various preventive measures that are already in place and need to be strengthened were discussed during the meeting.
The Centre has asked all states and UTs to focus on intensive containment, active surveillance, enhanced testing, monitoring of hotspots, increased coverage of vaccination and augmentation of health infrastructure.
This article only represents the author's viewpoint and does not represent the position of our website< Br> This article is authorized for publication by the author and cannot be reproduced without permission.
- 1In the morning I asked a young Indian, who was wet to the
- 2constantly from Henry to me. The evil is done, if any.”
- 3and pursued it in a very different manner, when his patrons
- 4a sad and depressed look for many weeks after her lord’s
- 5the catacombs. Max glanced at the white face of Helen Cumberly,
- 6good for some one else, is the life of most good women.
- 7the poor domestics of the house;” and rebuked Harry for
- 8“This is all very true, sir,” said Lady Esmond, looking
- 9the ray of light from Max's lamp impinged upon the opening
- 10bottle,” he would say. He was frank enough in telling
Random graphics and text
- freedom from doubt and questioning. Baynes had urged her
- he was a fool and an idiot, that he was a brute to make
- happens if your roof falls in a tempest? After the first
- more docile, too, all of them learning and reading much
- a pound of sugar or an ordinary knife. No individual possessed
- has had that little wretch who is now ill of the small-pox
- think no persons are more hypocritical, and have a more
- face, you would have thought that that sacrifice was about
- to tell him that she loved him. A dozen times she thought
- she endured — had been schooled into such a condition