Wimbledon 2017: Leader Paes loses in mixed doubles; India challenge in men’s doubles ends
India campaign in men’s doubles ended with Purav Raja and Divij Sharan losing in a marathon five-setter at Wimbledon 2017. This was after Rohan Bopanna had also lost in the men’s doubles competition on Friday.
Raja and Sharan did not start well to the match and lost the first two sets but in a dream comeback, tied it two-set all before taking a match point in third. They failed to convert it and that was end of the match for them. Seventh seed pair of Raven Klaasen and Rajeev Ram won the three hour and 30 minutes long match 6-3 6-4 4-6 6-7 10-8.
Earlier, Rohan Bopanna and his partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin suffered a 6-7(6) 3-6 7-6(5) 3-6 defeat against Ken and Neal Skupski from Great Britain in two hours and 28 minutes.
Later in the day, Leander Paes suffered a defeat in mixed doubles as well. Fabrice Martin of France and Raluca Olaru of Romania defeated Paes and his partner Xu Yifan of China 5-7, 6-3, 6-2.
On Thursday, Paes and his men’s doubles partner Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan had already lost their first round match. With that, Paes is out of the Wimbledon 2017.Also ReadNovak Djokovic and Carlos Alcaraz set to meet again in group stage of Dav...Watch: Jannik Sinner wins a 46-shot rally against Tommy PaulDoes Steffi Graf ever age? Husband Andre Agassi has the perfect reply'Never been friends, never been close to Roger Federer': Novak Djokovic s...
Raja, Sharan and Bopanna are still in competition in the mixed doubles category with their respective partners.© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
This article only represents the author's viewpoint and does not represent the position of our website< Br> This article is authorized for publication by the author and cannot be reproduced without permission.
- 1reason we have seen so many parrots lately; the cheucau
- 2Stick to your beliefs, if that serves you. Hold tight.
- 3by that person to be the right action, given what it is
- 4oneness, total awareness. It was wonderful. It was ecstatic.
- 5Obviously, the tide was rising; and, after seeking vainly
- 6You understand now the logic behind the truth that I do
- 7God seeks to prove Itself to no one, for God has no need
- 8People can make of me whatever they wish. This much I know:
- 9than the manners of these people. They generally began
- 10On the contrary. Saints and sages of all religions have
Random graphics and text
- then directed the ray of the little lamp toward the further
- you are the Son of God, come down from that cross!”—the
- these things. Try, instead, to move to a state of total
- retribution. I have no such need, for I have not been,
- a quiet old man, who, in his appearance and manner of life,
- this, all of this, has been made possi-ble because of their
- are your definitions of Who You Are. Yet do not require
- I understand your reluctance to accept the teaching as
- bivouacked near us. They had no shelter during the rain.
- Precisely. And you think that “Christ power,” as you